Earning a living through letting
Operating as a successful Landlord is not simply a case of obtaining a property and occupying it with a Tenant.
Over and above the professional services provided by ourselves, Landlords are expected to stay up to date with their legal obligations in three key areas:
- Property and Contents
- Health and Safety of Tenants/Residents
- Contractual and Financial Obligations
Being aware of your responsibilities and applying the relevant safeguards will give you, as a Landlord, peace of mind that:
- You and your property are legally compliant
- Your property and contents adhere to safety regulations
- Your Tenants are protected
- Your property is protected as an asset
Rent Smart Wales
All Landlords are required by law to be registered with Rent Smart Wales. Those not appointing an agent to manage their property are also required to attend training and have a licence. To find out more visit
Energy Performance Certificate - EPC
All rental properties with a new tenancy in England and Wales require an EPC which rates and advises on a property’s energy efficiency and is valid for 10 years. It must be made available to the Tenant and a property may not be advertised to let without one.