Click here to search our properties now.
Letting your Home with MGY
We treat every property as if it were our asset, we treat every tenant as if they were our tenant and we treat every pound – whether expenditure or income – as though from our own pocket. So, for a letting agent that think like you, THINK OF US.
We have been taking care of all kinds of lettings over 35 years. In that time we have learned a thing or two of the complex property market, and we are more than happy that our landlords see the benefits:
- Your property will be newly listed with MGY.
- Experienced Support from property professionals who can guide you through the MGY rental process.
- Peace of mind knowing that MGY are industry protected and your property will be legally compliant.
- Rest Easy knowing we are members of the SafeAgent campaign. Protecting Our Clients Money.
- Dedicated 24 hour property management team who will assist with any maintenance issues throughout a tenancy.
- Be Confident that we check tenants circumstances which will also include a full extensive credit check.
- Constant Control with our premium managed service package ensuring your property is in good order whilst occupied.
- FREE annual tax statement for all managed properties.
- Hassle Free reliable rentals without the risk via our Rent Guarantee service
The following provides clarification of the fees that may be applicable during a tenancy with MGY. Please ensure you read through and fully understand these before you make any decision about renting a property.
Acceptance of any offer is subject to contract, referencing/credit checks, Immigration and `Right to Rent` checks. You will need to pay the Rent in advance and Deposit that is due under a Tenancy Deposit at the start of the tenancy.
Referencing and Right to Rent Checks
You will be asked to complete an application and provide an original photographic Identification (e.g. passport, National ID card, VISA, resident permit, driving licence) along with Proof of Residence (e.g. original utility bill, council tax bill or bank statement all of which must be less than 3 months old).
Please note that that the need for a guarantor may not become apparent until your referencing (including references for any joint tenants) has been started. Where a guarantor is required they will need to complete an application form and provide photographic identification and proof of residence.
Referencing will cover a check against the credit file and public records of the individual, an Anti-Money Laundering check, confirmation of employment and salary details, confirmation of previous tenancy details and right to rent checks. These results will be reported to your prospective landlord to see if your application is acceptable.
A deposit equivalent to a month’s rent plus £100 will be required to be paid at the start of the tenancy. This is subject to referencing.
The Renting Homes (Fees etc.) (Wales) Act 2019 permits certain fees/ charges to be made where a tenant has defaulted on or breached their obligations under their Tenancy Agreement
|Default fee for late payment of rent||Chargeable from 14 days arrears calculated on the interest at 3% above Bank of England base rate on the late payment of rent for each day that the payment is outstanding.|
|Loss of keys or Other security Devices||Landlords and letting agents can charge a tenant a fee to cover the cost of replacing the lost key or security device (e.g. fob, electronic device for garage doors/security gates)|
|Payments on Termination of a Tenancy||Landlords and letting agents can require a tenant to make a payment for an early termination (surrender of the tenancy agreement) at the tenant’s request.|
|Company Application fee||£300 including VAT|
If you are still unsure of any of the above please ask us to explain and we will be happy to answer any questions you might have.
You can also contact our Residential Lettings Team from any of our offices on the following numbers:
- Cardiff Bay: 029 2046 5466
- Radyr: 029 2084 2124
- Heath: 029 2052 9026